Friday, August 25, 2006

OT: Double Feature

So... that Snakes on a Plane movie... you know, the one with the snakes... um, yeah. We had to see it eventually, I guess.

I knew it would be bad, not even campy bad, but bad. It just oozed bad, from its specious origins, to its internet-as-cocreator, to its wonky website that doesn't display properly on any computer or browser I try. I just focused on the man... you know who I'm talking about. I figured HE just might pull it off. I like him, I like him a lot.

But, early on (say the first five minutes) I turned to my girlfriend and asked "does this seem like an SNL skit to you, or is it just me?" To decribe the "plot" as perfunctory is to insult the very notion of perfunctory.

Wow, just... wow. We shared the theatre with some teens who seemed to enjoy it on a wholly ironic level, so I know it's not just me.

We also saw World Trade Center... how sick are we? Good movie... could have been a little better, though I did leave with the same feeling as when I left United 93... there was a moment where we, as a people, could have changed the world for the better, and we squandered it.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home