Monday, August 07, 2006

Who Wants to be a Superhero? - Part II

Okay, while still standing by my original thoughts on this show, I thought that the twist at the end of this episode was cool, in a very comic-geek way. I didn't see it coming, but once it happened, I actually slapped my forehead for not seeing it.

I still think the show's a bit cornball, and I still think it puts out a negative image of comics and comics fans, even though it's not about comics or comics fans.

And the makeover segment... there were some where I strained to figure out what they actually "made-over". It reminded me of the home makeover shows where they have a budget of about $20, so everything is put together with felt and staple guns. This Week: Iron Enforcer gets shiny patches on his pants! Monkey Woman gets new bananas! I think that they tried to encourage a little modesty in respects to Creature's mini skirt, though it looks like she alters it later in the episode to pre-makeover peek-a-boo length.

Crap. I'm going to end up watching the whole thing, aren't I?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home