Saturday, June 24, 2006

Comic Book Crushes

I've long had a thing for Carol Danvers, known also as Ms. Marvel, and Binary, or Warbird... and what? I think I lost track around there. Like an old flame, we lost touch somewhere around the time she got messed up by the Brood in the 80's. But she just wasn't the same then. She'd lost her memories, lost her sense of style.. I even heard she had a kid.

I ran into her in the pages of the Marvel Legacy: 1970's Handbook. I picked it up on a whim, and bam... there she was. It was awkward, sure, but I was glad to see her. We caught up on old times, old friends we'd seen around. We made plans to get coffee some time, but we're both busy. Between my job and my freelance, it's hard to make time, and she's got the New Avengers to worry about. If it's not some pushed up deadline on my end, then it's some alien invasion on hers... We may never see each other again, but I'll never forget her.

1 Comments:

At 4:39 AM, Blogger Sleestak said...

She really let herself go...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home