Sunday, June 25, 2006

Yay, Comics!

Had an unexpected influx of income this week. So what did I do? Why, I blew it on some comics, naturally. I haven't read through all of it, but here is what I got:

Wonder Woman #1 I read right away. Most of it was spoiled for me already, but I usually don't mind that. Much like the other two DC trinity OYL titles, it looks like it's going to be back to basics, though this one has the twist. I think it's going to be more about the IDEA of Wonder Woman as opposed to the woman herself... if that makes sense.

Chatting with the guy at the store, he noticed I picked up the second Wolverine: Enemy of the State trade. He recommended Wolverine: Origins. I had heard the CGS guys interview Daniel Way a few weeks back and liked his attitude, plus I had the dough, so I took a chance on the first three issues. Not totally bowled over, but if next few issues pan out like I think they will, I might be in for the long haul. Getting into Logan's origin always bored me to tears, and I was horrified in the 90's when they started to jerk the readership around over it. Way seems intent on repairing the damage already done to the character's history, and creating something new.

Secret Six #1, 52 #7, Super F*ckers #277 and some issues of Detective and Batman... I may comment on those later. Also picked up a copy of Mouse Guard for my girlfriend. I may have to read it as well*

And, finally, I picked up 2nd JLA DVD. I just finished the first season and, man, that show just got better and better. I already can't wait for the Unlimited series to come out.


*My girlfriend doesn't go to comic shops as much as she used to. When she does find herself in one, she has an uncanny knack for finding strange titles that just slip beneath my radar. She's got a great intuition about these things. Back in the day, when we first started dating, I found out she had been collecting Sandman. I had picked up the first issue, but decided not to buy it again. Wanting to impress her, I tracked down the few issues I missed and got hooked. Both on the comic and her. The rest, they say, is history.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home