Monday, July 10, 2006

Life and Other Things

Skipped visit to comics shop this week. I've been busy working on SDCC and non-SDCC projects drawing projects, so I tried to limit my distractions. To the left is a quick fan art exercise for the CGS board. The goal was to attempt a redesign of Superman. As you can tell I was stymied, and fell back on the version of Kal El from DC One Million.

In other news, friend Kiyoshi has finally emerged from the wilderness of luddism and joined the masses. His self-published Drunken Master zine finally has a place on MySpace. Filled with not only with comics goodness, but also interesting prose pieces and interviews with some of his favorite bands. An unflinching look into his own interests and obsessions, including: old school wrestling, punk bands, falling in love with the wrong girls, classifying myriad forms of physical excretions and homicidal relatives. Look for him at SDCC this year.

Also, I've started a second blog Sequential Life, a place to post homemade cartoons. For the past three years, the girlfriend has travelled out of state for writing conferences and other events, and these cartoons basically narrate the day-to-day goings-on in the home while she's away. They're quick (under an hour) drawings or strips done before I go to bed everyday. I'm posting the ones that are safe for public comsumption. Over the years, I've found it's a good way to keep myself drawing even when I don't feel like it, and it also loosens things up mentally. More than that, it's just fun to do. I may try to keep it up even after she gets back this time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home