Thursday, October 05, 2006

Still Around

The last few weeks I've been caught in a move from one apartment to another, so I haven't had time to trek down to the LCS and keep up to date on all the goings-on.

Looking to lighten the load for our impending move, I elected to thin out some of the comics I had in a garage sale. Nothing major, really. A lot of 90's stuff that I wasn't that interested in keeping around, but couldn't bear to simply throw away.

The sale was going slow, as garage sales do. You never sell quite what you expect to sell. One of the neighbor kids came down, saw that there were comics and asked if I had any Batman. There wasn't any in the box, so I ran up and grabbed up my Batman Adventures. It was all-ages and I hadn't even looked at them in years. He took all of those off my hands, plus all of my Batman: TAS home-taped VHS copies.

I didn't make any money, but it felt good to find a home for some old comics. This kid loved Batman. He ended up hanging out with us for the rest of the day, which came in handy. My Spanish is terrible, but he spoke it fluently and helped negotiate with a few Spanish-speaking customers. I ended up giving him a bunch more of the comics for free, plus a couple of board games.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home